COVID update - November 24th
The borders are open and COVID restrictions continue as we wait and see what will unfold and how quickly COVID will begin appearing in our state. So while many things feel the same we must continue to be vigilant. The leaders are currently assessing the situation and will be updating the Church;s response soon. Until then, allow me to outline what is required and what we need to do.
REQUIREMENTS FOR US TO OPERATE
- 3 person per 4 square meters
- QR code check in, is required when attending any activity at our facilities
- Hand sanitizing and masks are mandatory for all people aged 12 and over in Church indoor activities.
- Seated to consume food or drinks is mandatory
- 1.5m social distancing is still required
- It is imperative you stay away from others and all Church activities if unwell
- Private activites (as Defined by our COVID safe plan) in a home (Life Groups etc) are capped at 30 people and 50 people on the Church premises (ie Playgroup, CAFE etc)
- For the sake of the vulnerable among us you are all strongly encouraged (this may be changed to "required" depending on health and risk assessments) to be double vaccinated in order to attend any Church function in person.
So what does this mean for our activities:
- Our various ministries Playgroup, Cafe, Creative Minds, Fit for Summer, etc can continue on the condition that all present follow the above requirements.
- B4 and youth will be held at normal times this Friday with slightly altered activities.
We thank God for his protection so far and pray for those fearful as we prepare for what lies ahead
Download the document sent to the Church outlining how we are wanting to proceed as a Church
If you are to attend any of our services we ask that you follow the SA Health COVID recomendations.
Before you arrive for a Sunday service or one of our programs during the week, we ask you to have downloaded the free mySAgov app. Search for it in your app store or you can click here for Apple and click here for Google.
When you arrive on Sunday, you will be greeted by our friendly Welcome Team. They will offer you hand sanitiser and invite you to open to mySAgov app, click on COVID Safe Check-In, and scan the unique COVID Safe QR Code.
If it is your first time scanning a QR Code, you will need to fill in some details and verify your phone number. You should only have to do this once. If you are feeling confused or having any technical issues, our friendly Welcome Team will be available to help you.
If you don't have the app, or it doesn’t work on your type of smartphone, point your smartphone camera at the code. It will open a website link, where you will be prompted to enter your name and phone number. Once you've done that, you'll be texted a unique code which can then be entered into the website, checking you in.
If you have technical difficulties that we can’t help you with, you will need to record your details on a paper form. However, if you have the ability to check in using the QR code, you are required to do so. This also applies to staff and volunteers.
Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or have been to any hotspots at the designated times as found on various news and government websites.